Nnamdi Kanu's Case stalled As Magistrate Losses Dad (PHOTOS)

The hearing of the case against the director of the Radio Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu was stalled today, December 1, due to the death of the magistrate’s father.
The court premise was already crowded with sympathizers of the director of Radio Biafra who were later informed by one of his counsel that the court would not sit.
The court registrar, Salisu Yunusa told us that the magistrate’s father died on Thursday, November 26.
He said no date has been fixed for the continued hearing and ruling on the case.
Also asked if information was appropriately disseminated, Yunusa said: “Of course, the protesters complaining are not part of the case, besides, are the counsels complaining?”
“Did any of the counsels complain to you,”  Yunusa asked.
However, in disappointment, majority of the protesters were seen leaving the court premises.
Kanu was arrested by operatives of the State Security Services (SSS) on Sunday, October 18, on his arrival into Nigeria from the United Kingdom.
Although the court has granted him bail Kanu still remains in the custody of the SSS.
See photos below:

Security presence at the premises of the court
                                                                   Lawyers in front of the Magistrate Court, Abuja
                                                                  The Magistrate Court, Wuse zone 2, Abuja
                                                                  Biafra agitators at the premises of the court
One of the counsels, Dim Udebuani told us that while he commiserates with the magistrate on the death of his father, the continued incarceration of Kanu is demonic.
Udebuani said: “It is a matter that speaks for itself; we have just being told that your lordship Honourable Shuaibu Usman lost his father.”
He said the team of counsels representing Kanu have also been told by the court registrar that a date would be communicated to them once the court was able to contact the magistrate.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.