BREAKING: Scores Feared Dead As Boko Haram Raids Borno Villages
The deadly Boko Haram sect has reportedly killed scores of people during a raid on Borno state that started in the early morning of March 26, Saturday.
Sahara Reporters reports that no definitive number of dead or injured is known.
The sources revealed that the attack occurred at Tumpun village near Lassa in the Askira Uba local government area.
They also told reporters that Boko Haram insurgents arrived on bicycles and tricycles to the community and looted their foodstuffs before leaving.
When Muhammadu Buhari was inaugurated as the president last year, he shook up the army and directed newly sworn-in military chiefs to end the the Boko Haram in just three months.
Amid increased government pressure, the deadly sect has been weakened but has extended its operations beyond the northeast.
During an interview with Al Jazeera English recently Buhari said despite the continued violence, Nigeria has not yet lost its fight against Boko Haram.